THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY BUSINESS SCHOOL
WORKPLACE RESEARCH CENTRE
REFERENCE NO. 1642/0911
- Drive strategic research development
- Project management leadership
- Full-time fixed-term two years, remuneration package: $128K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
The Workplace Research Centre (WRC) is one of Australia’s leading research organisations on work and employment. As part of the University of Sydney’s Business School, its primary role is to undertake innovative, applied research on work and employment for paying clients. The Centres objectives and operational settings are available on the website http://sydney.edu.au/business/workplaceresearch.
We are seeking a Leading Research Analyst to drive strategic research development within the Workplace Research Centre and to provide strong leadership in terms of strategic business development, project management, and staff development while also conducting applied research. Reporting to the Director, Workplace Research Centre you will:
- provide strategic leadership for up to two elements of the Centre’s research program, and deliver high level methodological and research management support to research teams
- lead and conduct high quality analysis on projects examining the changing world of work and be responsible for producing high quality research outcomes
- manage projects of various size and complexity including high level client negotiation, deadline management and completing projects within budget
- drive business development at the Centre by strategically pursuing and securing significant volumes of paid work.
- To be successful in this role you will have:
- extensive experience in multi method research
- demonstrated project management skills including the capacity to conceptualise and lead medium to large projects
- business development experience including a successful track record in devising proposals/tenders and in securing a significant amount of paid work
- experience in actively developing and training other staff members.
Remuneration package: $128,326 p.a. (which includes a base salary of $108,437 p.a., leave loading and up to 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation).
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/positions and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: : 24 September 2012 (11.30pm Sydney time)
The University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups and women are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney