'Work Not As Usual' AIRAANZ 2022 Conference, 9 Feb 2022 - 11 Feb 2022
The Association of Industrial Relations Academics of Australia and New Zealand (AIRAANZ) is pleased to announce that the AIRAANZ 2022 Conference will be hosted by the Sydney Employment Relations Research Group (SERRG) and the Discipline of Work and Organisational Studies (WOS) at the University of Sydney Business School from Wednesday 9 to Friday 11 February 2022.
The conference will be held online due to the ongoing uncertainty created by COVID and state and international border closures.
You can register for the conference below. Registration is essential to attend and participate in the conference sessions.
A draft version of conference program is available via the conference website.
The conference will involve a higher degree research workshop on Wednesday 9 February.
Keynote addresses will be given by:
- Professor Michael Quinlan, UNSW
- Professor Virginia Doellgast, Cornell University
The theme of the conference is: 'Work Not As Usual'. This theme allows us to explore key issues for employment relations research including, but not limited to, the following:
- The work-related impacts and implications of COVID-19
- The challenges presented by low-paid and insecure forms of work and widening inequalities
- Existing and emerging challenges relating to gender, work and family
- The impacts of digitisation and technological change on work
- The responses by employment relations actors and institutions (governments, employers, workers and their representatives) to rapid changes at work and in labour markets
- The implications of changes in work for employment relations theory
Questions regarding the conference should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to the AIRAANZ 2022 Conference!
Conference organising committee: Marian Baird, Stephen Clibborn, Rae Cooper, Daniel Dinale, Bradon Ellem, Frances Flanagan, Maria Ishkova, Meraiah Foley, Dimitria Groutsis, Sunghoon Kim, Angela Knox, Susan McGrath-Champ, Alex Veen, Alison Williams, Mark Westcott, Chris F Wright
Back to All Conferences